Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I'm back, with a holiday slide show - oh yes!


Blogger doesn't play nicely with my iPhone so I've not been reading or writing blogs while I've been away, and then I was somehow out of the groove when I got home, so now I have pages and pages of lovely people and their lives and crafts and children to catch up on - it may have to wait until the kiddos go back to school though.

I had a finishing off frenzy over the Christmas and New Year period, and then knitted all of 3 dishcloths during our ten days at the beach.  I think no TV = no knitting for me! 

So, pretty scenery cruising the Marlborough Sounds:


And the view from our section:


Hipstamaticness:




Sleeping out in the caravan (which is an old railway box car).


Reading it old school.


Beach structures.



Zoe got to go horse trekking, she's so brave!


Rocking the tyre swing at the Mussel Inn.




Flood damage on the Aorere River. 


This is what the bridge used to look like, ever since it was built in the 1880s - I can't imagine that placid water flowing so high and powerful, the river is way down there for heaven's sake!  Mother nature is damn scary.


 
 
Another river in near flood (the Pelorous).  A van load of young guys pulled up and asked us if the river was good for swimming - hmm, not so much!


So that was part 1 of my slide show - next time the Golden Bay A&P Show!

No comments:

Post a Comment