Friday, January 28, 2011

Good stuff to come home to....



An overgrown garden, and a yarn club package.  Damn iPhone and Facebook posting enablers!  Thanks to Christine I had a wee looksee at Knitsch and somehow signed up and paid my fee all on my phone from the beach.  I love modern life!  Here's my first instalment - the colourway is "Pretty Please", and those are lavender sachets.

The parcel also contained some exciting news - Tash is opening a physical store, Holland Road Yarn Company will open on Wednesday 23 February at 281 Jackson St, Petone - exciting!  I'll be there with my face pressed to the glass on Wednesday morning, no doubt I'll see C there. They have a website, go on, click! 

Oh, and the garden - you can't tell from the pic how huge those courgettes had got because the strawberries are enormous too.  They were big watery marrows really, so I cut them in half and scraped out the seedy bits, browned them in olive oil and let them drain off, then stuffed them with a mixture of lamb mince, onions, tomatoes, red wine, chilli, harissa, allspice, cinnamon and a hand full of rice, topped with pinenuts and fresh mint and baked in the oven.  Delicious!

The children ate the strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment