Friday, January 28, 2011

Class 37 - Vegatable or Fruit Novelty

I'm a city girl, I've lived most of my life within walking distance CBD (of a pretty little city granted).  My current suburban existance is as far from the big smoke as I've ever lived - but I'm still within 5 minutes of a trim flat white, and a 3D movie.  Not very deep inisde me, however, lurks a wannabe homesteader, and as you may have noticed I'm very fond of the trappings and traces of a way of life that's hard to find in this homogonous mass-produced, franchised, urban world.

There is nothing like a small town A&P Show to reassure an urban retro hippy chic that the old time spirit is alive and kicking in the country.

Ryan boogied to the ryhthm of the antique steam machinery.

 Please, Mum?

Second Prize.

First prize!






That'll be a dragon made out of a sausage, not sure what this class was - Sausage Novelty?

The most beautiful lamingtons I've ever seen.  Shame the the baking must all have spoilt in the heat.

Old school embroideries, and a felted koala in the tea cosie section.

Yeah, wool.

Sand gardens!  With tanks and army men.  

All the fun of the fair.

Girly stuff.

Wood chopping. We were just in time for the grannies division - they breed some tough chicks out here.

Too cute.

Protective mother.

Ryan fell in love with a guinea pig he named Hazelnut.  I can't stand the things myself, all they do is squeak and run away...

Bacon and Eggs.

1 comment: