Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Cricket

The wet weather we're having cleared long enough for Ryan's cricket game on Saturday, and he christened the Perfect Cricket Sweater, i.e., got it covered in mud. So I washed it. Note to self and other knitters: always check the colour fastness of contrast yarn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Cleckheaton Country I used for the red and the bottom black stripe was fine. the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino I used for the black at the neck bleed horribly. I'm not impressed. It's ok, still wearable, just a bit smudgy.



I'm aiming to get the pattern up very soon. I was thinking a 6, 8 and 10 (this is the 6, designed to fit loose). Do I need a 4 as well? Seeing as it's the season for giving I want to make this a charity knit (Pakistan flood relief feels appropriate), but haven't quite sorted the logistics of it. Do I make it a free pattern with a suggestion people make a donation themselves (put a link on the pattern), or do I make it a pay pattern and donate from the proceeds myself (and do I donate all or some?), and hope people trust me to do so? How many people actually follow through with suggestions to donate to charity instead of payment? Must stop thinking so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment