Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Sad Little Lemon


The Sad Little Lemon used to live between a fence and my front path.  I've babied it for a couple of years - daily hand watering, regular mulching, the odd talking too...  but the Sad Little Lemon has remained sad, dropping its fruit buds and looking distinctly jaundiced. 

So last night I moved him to the corner of my vege patch, next to the Very Happy Lemonade (see below, not actually a lemon, but a cross between a mandarin and a grapefruit or something). 


I wasn't 100% sure about giving up a decent part of my already small vege patch, but I've done it now.  We'll always need lemons for our gin afterall.

Now I fully expect the Sad Little Lemon to drop all its leaves or blow over in the next southerly buster. 
I'll keep you posted.

1 comment: