Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Mulled Cider

Thea Colman aka Babycocktails is one of my favourite knitwear designers and she's been kind enough to trust me to test knit another of her lovely designs:  

This one is called Mulled Cider, it's a tweedy jacket/coat with fabulous leaf detail, twisted toggles and a generous collar that can stand up and keep your neck warm, or and in my case just flop back (I'm so much more of a flop than a stand up, ha).


Collar up. 

I've used three old school (fake) bone toggles saved from a much loved but now deceased sweater coat.  Confession time, Mulled Cider is not supposed to have 3/4 sleeves, it's meant to have nice long ones with a fold back cuff, but I am not to be trusted and didn't buy enough yarn.  My bad (I was so sure I had enough, I fully expect to find another ball lurking somewhere...).  In that 2nd pic I'm trying to hide the short sleeves, not make my boobs look bigger, honest.


Collar down and hanging loose.

I've used Elsebeth Lavold Twice Tweed, which is discontinued, but there are plenty of other suitable yarns out there.  I chose a wool/cotton/synthetic blend to keep my coat from being too warm and because I like the weight and drape a bit of cotton and nylon gives a long knitted cardy.   


How clever is the interweb?


1 comment: