Monday, April 26, 2010

What did they say about working with children and animals?

Oh yeah - never do it!
All I wanted was a few modelled shots for my Ravelry page of DD wearing her little Wisteria dress.  How hard can that be?  Warning, children get harder to photo as they get older.

First she insisted Mr Moon be in the picture....


then she wanted to play on the swing....


then she ran away....


onto the garage roof....


where she pouted....


and showed her knickers (hopefully not to the football team)....


Oh it's tough looking at these pics on a grey autumn day.


My Wisteria used 200g of Bendigo Woollen Mills Cotton in a discontinued colour called Heather.  To get a dress to fit my 9 year old out of one ball took some fiddling - I knitted the size 4 width, but longer with 2 full repeats of the lace and just enough armhole depth to fit.  The length is fine, but the open lace means it's best worn over leggings or with something underneath - if you're clever you could sew a little matching slip.  I'm not at all clever with a sewing machine so I probably won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment